Tuesday, October 27, 2020

An Unplanned Visitor

 

This is the story of “Little Tuna,” the kitten.

I devoted the past weekend to deer hunting but around noontime on Saturday I came back into town. My wife and I shared lunch and she told me she had heard a cat overnight. She feared it had been hurt near our house.

But as we ate, I became convinced the cat was within the house. The backdoor to our basement had been open the evening before. We went downstairs to investigate. And sure enough, it was a little grey kitten which had barricaded itself within the motor section of our deep freeze. And it was there where it was determined to stay.

Carol thought we could lure it out with food. Banking on this was a Wayne County cat, we offered up a portion of a porkburger. It didn’t work. I called Mandy Bradham of the Wayne County Humane Society and she suggested tuna…It’s much more fragrant. We did and after some coaxing, the little gray kitten emerged. She was named by us for her food choice.

Kris Parrent was nice enough to meet us at the Pearl Foval Shelter and Little Tuna was in a much safer place than the compressor of our downstairs freezer.

Monday I dropped a check off to the shelter to provide for Little Tuna and to show my appreciation for the work done by Bradham, Parrent and everyone at the Wayne County Humane Society.

If you need a cat, I know where you can find a cute one.

No comments:

Post a Comment