Friday, February 21, 2020

Another Attack On Gun Rights



A bill which was referred to the Illinois House Rules Committee on Tuesday would require anyone owning guns to have $1-million dollars in liability insurance.

I checked and this type of insurance would likely have to be attached to another policy….say a homeowner’s or renter’s policy. If you have such a policy, you might already be covered. But if you don’t, the cost will be around $200 a year.  

Look, the state can’t process FOID cards now. The Illinois State Police can’t keep up. They are months behind meaning legal gun owners are waiting. While they wait, another complicating factor---this liability insurance bill--- is being added to the equation.

If the state required me to buy another $200 a year in insurance, I am not sure I would renew my FOID card. I’d just lock my guns up and dare someone to come to my house to get them. I don’t believe in the constitutionality of the FOID card in the first place. It is, in my mind, a clear violation of my rights.

And yet, state lawmakers are considering additional ways to take my guns.

This proposed bill means nothing to a thug on Chicago’s south side. He’s the one murdering at a record clip.

New laws locking people away who use guns in the execution of a crime would be a good idea…

…forcing hunters to get a million dollars in liability insurance isn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment