Tuesday, July 3, 2018



I’m Mike Dreith and Talk isn’t Always Cheap.

Today I have a keen sense of symmetry.

My love for local radio and broadcasting has led me back to the studio where I uttered my first professional broadcast word. I worked with the Morning Mayor, Gil Wallace after doing a march and reflecting on what a “beautiful morning it was in Fairfield.”

I was grateful to get that job, fresh out of broadcast school. Grateful to Tom and Dave Land for the opportunity. Grateful to be working with such professionals as Stan David, Gil’s son Kirk and Dave Rigg. That was 36 years ago. Lots of water has rolled beneath the bridge in that time.

My career in education was wonderful….but…..I never shook my addiction to radio. I never thought I’d get the opportunity to ever turn on a mic again…and yet… here we are…

I pursued this job. I convinced the owners of the station to give me this chance. And I want to pledge a few things to you as we start this endeavor. These radio stations will enhance our commitment to service. I hope you will notice it as we gradually tweak the programming in the coming weeks.
I want this station to be an indispensable part of your day. You will not want to miss the news. We will go live when events warrant it. And we will be a dependable partner with the local businesses so important to the economic well-being of the region.

Most of all, I will encourage everyone who works here to be very visible in the community. When you see us, tell us what you think.

I’ll be here each day with this commentary where I will have an opinion to share about the day’s events. You may not agree with me which will open the door for you to respond. I welcome that.
So, on this day, when I get the great opportunity to return to broadcasting and to this region, I want to thank Mark Lange of the Original Company for allowing me to come home.

That’s my view and Talk Isn’t Always Cheap.







1 comment:

  1. Mike... I really enjoyed reading your Blog... I remember when you started there... I look forward to listening to your station, even though I'm in Orange County California... Your Friend Eric +

    ReplyDelete