Wednesday, July 4, 2018

The 4th




I’m Mike Dreith and Talk Isn’t Always Cheap.

On this July 4th, I want to state, for the record, I am unashamedly patriotic.
I always covered my heart and sang along with the National Anthem as a high school athlete and today as an aging warrior. Never took a knee. I no longer watch the NFL for that very reason.

I fly the flag on days like this. It is the symbol of the greatest country in the history of mankind.
I often find myself in an airport, or out shopping when I come upon a uniformed member of our armed forces. Expect me to extend my right hand and personally thank them for their service.
When I go to Washington, I always go to Arlington, where I watch the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. I look for the eternal flame over the tomb of JFK.

I cry when I see a picture of JFK Jr. saluting his father’s casket. Happens every time.

I believe in the Bill of Rights, for that matter, the entire Constitution, and believe the founding fathers were inspired by God Almighty in creating our system of government.
I do believe there is a swamp in Washington….or at least a bubble that keeps career politicians and bureaucrats from knowing how it is our here in flyover country.  They don’t understand how to balance a budget because they don’t. They need to stop worrying about their party and start worrying about the people.

I’m proud to be an American. We saved the world in two world wars and stand as the last-best enterprise to save it again, if need be.
Join me in celebrating a 242 year experiment today, The United States of America.

That’s my view and Talk Isn’t Always Cheap.


No comments:

Post a Comment