Monday, January 6, 2020

I'm A Wall Kinda Guy.



I took the President at his word when he said he would build a wall to prevent illegal immigration into our country.

I found myself in lockstep agreement with many on both sides of the aisle who felt we were at risk because of easy passage into this country by people who could cause us harm.

I’m not alone. 

“We simply cannot allow people to pour into the U.S., undetected, undocumented, unchecked and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently, lawfully to become immigrants in this country.” I couldn’t have agreed more with Barack Obama when he said it.

Other senators have been heard. In 2015, Hillary Clinton said: “I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in.” Clinton added: “And I do think you have to control your border.”

Who am I to argue?

I stand with them. Our security as a nation should be paramount and the porous southwest border makes us vulnerable. Funds must be allocated. A barrier needs to be built. It was one of the central themes of the last presidential election and 84-percent of the people in this county voted for the candidate who supported the wall.

I, for one, want to see it built.  But I’m not alone. I held onto one more quote to bolster my opinion. A few years ago he said, “Illegal immigration is wrong, plain and simple.” I watched the video. I don’t think you can misinterpret his meaning…

Chuck Schumer was right, you know…

2 comments:

  1. I think the current topic is 6k per citizen on war weaponry and the fact that the leader of Iran only wants our criminal president dead, and not our soldiers. Opinions for Trump's removal would serve the US best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, the overwhelming evidence that the money can be better spent on electronic means of border enforcement don't make any difference because it's more important that the narcissist-in-chief gets his way?

    By the way, he also promised "Mexico will pay for it." Shouldn't that part of the promise be kept?

    You're being hoodwinked. Again.

    ReplyDelete