Monday, March 11, 2019

Stop Dumping on CDC



I greatly appreciate the Career Development Center in Fairfield. I almost weekly drop off cardboard, paper and plastic to their Recycling Center. It is a wonderful service. I also gladly donate items to be sold in the New 2 U store. I know the money raised by its resale will generate jobs for persons with developmental disabilities.

Having said that…I get so hacked off when people believe the CDC is really a dump. A place for them to leave their worthless garbage. Not only does it not help the CDC-----it hurts. I’ll explain why in a moment.

Last weekend was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me.
I made my regular run to the Recycle Center. Sitting in the middle of the cardboard was a full toilet.

Porcelain is not cardboard, paper or plastic. It was a way for someone to dump their john on the CDC.

The same thing happens over at the New 2 U store. Out back, people drop off things after hours to be resold and used for the Center and its employees. There’s a list of stuff the CDC does not need…does not want. It is routinely ignored.

So here’s the outcome of the people that are either too ignorant to read….or too cheap to take their garbage to the dump. From July 2018-to-February 2019, the CDC has spent over $16,000 for dumpsters. That doesn’t include the manpower to lift and drag the garbage and deposit it. Thousands of dollars that really shouldn’t have to be spent by this valuable organization.

What a waste of valuable resources which could have been used to employ clients.

So here it is----Stop dumping on the Career Development Center. 

They don’t want things that have been dumped in.

No comments:

Post a Comment