Monday, November 30, 2020

Adieu

 

So this will be my final commentary.

When I started, two-and-a-half years ago, I was strongly advised not to comment daily. Just do it once a week. I ignored the advice. Over 500 Talk Isn’t Always Cheaps later, I am hanging up my keyboard.

If you were among the 350,000 clicks on my blog page, you know I was highly opinionated. I didn’t try to be controversial, the copy was generated from my observation of national, state and local issues.

Here is where I tell people of my appreciation of their input. My wife often had to hear my ideas. She deserves an award for her tolerance of this pursuit. There were a number of local listeners (they know who they are) who acted as a sounding board when I was stuck…when the script didn’t flow.

I also appreciate the Original Company, which probably didn’t agree with some of the pieces, but allowed me to bloviate.

I came to the radio station on a mission. I wanted to end my broadcasting career where it started and I wanted the station to serve,---with relevant and timely information. You will have to be the judge as to whether or not we succeeded.

The goal was to make you think. To be interesting….to force you to take a side…to be able to defend your point of view.

I am grateful for you. Because you listened.

No comments:

Post a Comment