Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Invaders Beware



I want to expand on a comment I made on our Morning Coffee program Monday when we discussed two attempted home invasions in Wayne County from the weekend.

The Sheriff doesn’t believe they are related but they did happen within hours of each other, so he posted on the department’s Facebook page to try and warn residents. Personally, I think it would be more effective to call the radio station. But that’s not the point.

The point is….you have to be a raving lunatic to attempt home invasion in this county. I know people who have more firepower than some small countries in their gun safes. If you are within the sound of my voice, listen. Breaking into homes in Wayne County is a death wish. If you persist, you will eventually catch a slug.

And that prompted me to do a little legal research concerning our rights in protecting ourselves, our loved ones and our property. I am not a lawyer, but I do think the legal apparatus in this region would be on the homeowner’s side in a matter like this. My research leads me to believe you will not suffer legal repercussions if you shot someone trying to get into your home.

Let’s say it s your drunk neighbor confused, but nonetheless trying to get into your home at 2 AM? I think that would be an unfortunate mistake on his part. Again, I highly doubt the homeowner would be charged with anything.

I leave you with this…..Lock your doors. Have police as a part of your Favorites list on your cell phone so it only takes seconds to push two buttons and get help. And, finally…..protect yourself….by any means necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment