Monday, April 22, 2019

Clinging To Guns And Religion



Back when he was running for president…Barack Obama referred to working class voters in old industrial towns decimated by job losses….He said….and I quote….”They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them.”

I resemble that remark. I’m that way because of an uber-liberal statehouse passing ridiculous legislation being signed by a billionaire governor who thinks Joliet is “downstate.”

You and I need to be heard. One way is for you to show up with me tonight at the New Beginnings Church for the Wayne County Town Hall Meeting. You and I won’t be alone in sentiment or in numbers.

Scheduled to speak are our representatives in the legislature, Darren Bailey and Senator Dale Righter. Also..Wayne County Sheriff Mike Everett will join State’s Attorney Kevin Kakac in addressing the gathering.

Our way of living is under attack like never before.

Springfield is ignoring our second amendment rights. There’s legislation in the pipeline that will allow abortion right up to the moment of birth…and Lord….the tax increases being considered are enough to make every Illinoisan consider if it is worth staying.

I’m not ashamed to cling to my religion..and my guns are constitutionally protected. Don’t feed me a line about how you are going to change the tax structure so only the rich pay because I wasn’t born yesterday.  

You hear me talking about all these issues daily here. 

Now it is time to do something about it. Show up and be counted.

1 comment: