Tuesday, April 23, 2019

A Deplorable Night



I was at the Wayne County Town Meeting last night.

Yes, I was among the group that Hillary Clinton once claimed were “a basket of deplorables.” I say that because I doubt many of the folks there with me voted for her in the last election. I have to tell you, I felt right at home. I guess I’m deplorable too.

This meeting was supposed to be about reproductive rights, the Governor’s new tax plan… and gun rights. But I have to tell you. This was 95-percent about the second amendment and Senate Bill 107. It would make semi-automatic weapons illegal unless they were registered. If you own one and don’t register it, you could be charged with a felony. I’ve told you I think that is unbelievably unconstitutional and if you listen to everyone who spoke last night, they would agree.

There were two key moments in the meeting…..the comments from Wayne County State’s Attorney Kevin Kakac and Sheriff Mike Everett. Both said county residents need not worry. If you are law abiding, nobody is coming for your weapon.

That was music to the ears of the assembled Wayne Countians.

This is pure and simple a Chicago thing, a Mike Madigan thing….a Democrat thing. Even Democrats in our neck of the woods can’t get behind this kind of overreach. In Democratically controlled Chicago, where Mike Madigan lives, they have the toughest gun control laws in the nation. 

Over Easter weekend there were 24 shootings and five murders in the Windy City.

Here in the land of the deplorable? 

Zero. 

‘Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment